Friday, May 06, 2011

My feedback to the Earth Station One podcast

My feedback to the Earth Station One Podcast was read on their episode 58 posted today May 6, 2011!

Here is the text of what they read, an email I sent them on April 16.

(I have since heard that Lewis won't make it to Timegate, so ignore that part of the email)
----------------------
I just started listening to your podcast a couple of days ago when I
heard that Lewis of The Happiness Patrol was going to be on.

I will definitely be subscribing and listening to more shows. Good
job. (although I am mixed about listening to the Space:1999 one).

Your 404 area code is Atlanta. We are in the NW Atlanta suburbs, but
I'm pretty much fafiated (old science fiction fandom word meaning
"forced away from it all") from fandom after almost 20 years of
attending and running conventions. We are not DragonCon attendees (too
expensive and big). After my wife and I moved here we have attended
only a few relaxacons (small conventions with little programming)
instead of big conventions. Last big convention my wife attended was
the 2000 Worldcon in Chicago. (She was on the convention committee of
the 1991 Chicago Worldcon and I was a flunky for the con that did
anything I was assigned to, which pretty much burned us out). The last
big convention I attended was probably Windycon (Chicago) 1996 and the
last Worldcon I attended was Chicon V in 1991. (Pardon me for
explaining old fannish words, but I don't know what you young
whippersnappers know of fannish history and lore.)

I've revived my Doctor Who fandom since the new series came out and
have made sure our daughters are also Who fans. (my wife is NOT a
Doctor Who fan).

If you listen to other Who podcasts, you probably already know that I
am a classic Who fan whose Doctor is the Fourth Doctor.
I am now a regular commentator on the 20MB Doctor Who Podcast.

Pic of me and my daughters with Jelly Babies won from the 20MB Doctor Who
Podcast


I am planning on attending TimeGate this year (good grief! A Doctor
Who convention in practically my own back yard!) along with whichever
of my girls decide to come along. I understand that several of you
will be there and I am looking forward to meeting you (and Lewis, and
the Hooie's).

Kirby Bartlett-Sloan

1 comment:

Unknown said...

what a great pic of you guys, Thanks so much for all the kind words and looking forward to meeting you at TimeGate at the end of the month.

Peace

Mike